1. I used to be king of the rambly email. Now it's condensed for Twitter, and it's not that interesting. I need to write a long messy email to someone awesome.
2. 'Frasier' was a great show.
3. Still not happy about Nora Ephron leaving us. But the aftermath has been beautiful. Why do we wait until people are gone before we share the magical stories?
4. Pancakes are wonderful.
5. I re-designed the site. Did you notice?
6. Today over pancakes we discussed Kevin Bacon. But we didn't eat any bacon. We also discussed Danish films.
7. I don't understand the Republican's position on healthcare.
8. I don't understand Republicans.
9. If you are coming to London for the Olympics, bring an umbrella.
10. The Rio Cinema in Dalston is marvellous.
11. Often in moments of boredom, I look at something in front of me, like, a bench, or some trees, and write something on the spot. I guess it's just to keep me practicing. And for some reason being able to write about nonsense seems worthwhile, somehow.
12. Not that I'd bother writing about trees.
13. Here's what I wrote about trees:
I have not climbed a tree in a long time. I have also never been climbed on by a tree.
Do trees never think of getting their own back by climbing onto humans when they're standing still? And don't tell me trees don't move: back in 1989 one fell over and nearly landed directly on my head.
There have been very few legitimate incidences of trees climbing people. There was the famous one in 1973, when a willow tree climbed onto an unsuspecting man who turned out to be a discarded waxwork of Neil Armstrong. There was also the tree which attempted to crawl up Pierce Brosnan in 1993, but lost its footing around the kneecaps.
Whether the trees will ever find the courage for another attempt is unknown. One hopes that if they do succeed in climbing humans, they will also branch out into jumping off of them.
14. 50 Shades of Grey. There, I said it. This is the last time I ever wish to speak about it.
15. Hype overpowers reason.
16. My most listened to this week:
Bob Dylan - Girl From The North Country
The Waterboys - Girl From The North Country
John Mayer - Comfortable
David Gray - Babylon
Barry White's Love Unlimited Orchestra - Love's Theme
17. I absolutely love the film 'Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist'
18. What resonates with you is what matters. Not what the critics value. Once you're dead, you'll just wish you had loved what you loved.
19. Every now and again you meet someone who proves beyond all doubt that human beings are be fantastic.
BOOK #1: "I'm great."
BOOK #2: "Read me, I'm much more fascinating!"
21. You can only take responsibility for yourself and the people you have kidnapped.
22. What does artistic integrity mean?
23. My headphones broke. I bought some temporary ones for 2.99. They sound terrible, apart from songs by The Rolling Stones, which sound great!
24. You spend your whole life desperate to hear "I love your writing" and then she finally says "I love your writing", and unfortunately it's the most you'll ever get from her.
25. 'The Swell Season' is a MUST SEE documentary. It's about Glen Hansard and Marketa Iglova, stars of 'Once.'
26. 'Beautiful Girls' is a perfect movie. Amazing cast!
27. Peter O'Toole has retired. One of the greats.
28. I get so engrossed in foreign movies that when I look away, I get confused by the fact I no longer understand the story --- eventually I realise, I've been reading subtitles the whole time.
29. Would you rather have a drink with Jeffrey Tambor, Eugene Levy or Richard Jenkins?
30. I want to meet Bill Murray and have him announce publicly that I am one of his dearest friends.